Wednesday, June 11, 2014

White Chicken Lasagna

So I have been trying to re-vamp the way that I eat because the truth is I feel a million times better when I am putting good, nutritious foods into my body versus sugar and processed crap.  Not to mention it's much better on the waistline.  One of my favorite "real food" websites is 100 Days of Real Food.  Head on over there and check it out.  Not only will you find some cool posts and challenges,  but wonderful recipes.  I found it very inspiring!

Tonight I made her White Chicken Lasagna recipe for the second time {the first time we loved it and I was so excited that there were leftovers for the next day, but then Nate accidentally turned on the wrong burner which the lasagna happened to be on in my glass casserole dish.  All of the sudden we heard a HUGE pop that sounded like a gun shot... the dish had exploded into a thousand tiny pieces and my casserole dish and my leftovers were no more. Sad. } and it was a hit, again.  Boys asked for seconds and ate all of their helpings. My boys' appetites seem to be tripling and I am trying to find meals that are more filling that they will actually eat, so the fact that they all loved this is big news!

The recipe is a tad involved, but if you can get it going early on in the day, or at least have the chicken and noodles cooked earlier in the day, it comes together fairly quickly.  I'd say about 30 minutes or so. But it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment